Monday, January 31, 2011

So, what are you up to?

Hello readers!

Well, today has been- to say the least- absolutely wonderful.   My dear Mama had her -- birthday today!  She celebrated by sleeping in, then eating breakfast in bed (a tradition we started many years ago.. the birthday person gets breakfast in bed.), a "spa" treatment.  I whipped up some bath salts and sugar scrubs for her to use.   Becca bought some lovely nail polish, decorative nail stickers (just for the fun of it), and a CD of Casting Crowns.  Mama was able to just enjoy the day.   Bec's been taking pictures, so I will post those later on.


Other than that, my finger tips are wearing out... Any one know where I can buy some new ones?? lol!  I have been typing like crazy on a project that must be done by tonight! Yikes.  Any how, it isn't too bad.  Just getting boring. ;-)

The weather has been... interesting!!  Blue skies yesterday, and now it is snowing to beat the band.  You can barely see the corrals!  This is good... so long as the snow is moist!   Daddy came home early and made it safely through this storm.

So, what are you doing/have been doing?

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

7 comments:

Joshua said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. I bet your mom is a pretty happy person right now. It is great to see her kids making her feel like the Queen. Keep it up Sarah. ;)

Anywho, what am I up too? I am working on my accounting and calculus homework. Accomplishing a few chores here and there and taking care of the kiddos. It is a typical work day at our household. Nothing too exciting. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Joshua,
Thanks for the birthday wishes to my Mom. She appreciates it! Well, she is The Queen, so I guess I will keep it up for a LONG time. :) It is fun. Mom actually said she wanted to have a "spa" type treatment, so we took it from there and had fun decorating and whatnot.

Sorry, but Calc just doesn't sound fun... I was never good at math, so any of those big terms "scares" me.. lol!
Your workday sounds similar to ours! Nothing too exciting... unless the cows get out. ;) Then it can be quite the different story.

Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Birthdays to your mom!!
It sounds like you gave her a lot of pampering. =)

I've been busy with Etsy orders, plus we are bracing for a BIG winter storm/blizzard- a chance of up to 21 inches of snow!!!
If we get lots I'll be sure to post pictures. =)

Love ya!

Samantha

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Samantha,
Well, she had a relaxing day, which is all the matters. :)

Whew, sounds like y'all are busy! :) Etsy orders are always good. Are you getting close to your 250 sales? Ooh... that means the storm that is hanging over us is headed your way! I could try to lasso it, but for some reason, I don't think that will help... lol! Have fun in the snow! Can't wait for pictures!

Love ya, too!

the Ink Slinger said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Heckendorn! :)

Me? What have I been up to? Uhhh, let's see...

Reading Winston Churchill's Age of Revolution and Swift's Gulliver's Travels; doing chores around the house; and...

No, wait. You can read the rest in my autobiography. Everybody is writing one these days, you know. :)

Grace said...

Hello, Sarah! Happy Birthday to your mom! Sounds like she had a lovely day! I love giving my mom a "pampering" with homemade lavender {of course} salts and sugar rubs.:)

I was wondering if you received my letter yet? Hope you enjoyed!

May the Lord bless your day!
Lots of Love,
Grace

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Hello Mr. Ink... lol!
Sounds like you have been doing quite a bit.. Whew! Writing an autobiography?!?! ;) No wonder you are so busy... ;) Just kidding.

Hey Grace!!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Ooh, lavender bath salts!! I was wondering if you would sell some lavender (the dried stuff)... Unfortunately my little lavender bush didn't survive. :(

Yes, I ddi get your lovely letter.. So sorry I didn't tell you sooner! I meant to, but forget.. Didn't you get my "brain wave" message?? Hmm, need to work on the antenna.. ;)

Thanks for the comment! Have a lovely evening!!