Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9: A Photo I took

Ok... I am not much of a photographer, though I do like grabbing up the camera now and then. :-)  Unfortunately, since all of my "nicer" photos were taken by my Sister's nice, fancy Nikon, they are all on her laptop and not on the desk top I use... :-(  Still, Here are a few others I have taken (sorry, just can't do one!)


These are pictures of when we had a "flood" at our place... 4 inches in 1 hour!!  It was a lot of rain! Why are these so cool to me?  It is WATER!!!  Rain is an amazing thing in NM!!! It is dry as anything out here most of the time, so rain is a blessing at ANY time.. yes, even if we are in the middle of working cows... better than having dirt blowing in your eyes! lol!



The last two are some that I took when we had some snow.. The first one was taken just recently.  I am looking through the lilac bushes towards our house... the second is of a tree in our backyard during a snow storm....







Sorry for the randomness of photos... lol!

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Wow, it has never rained four inches in an hour over here. As a matter of fact, it does not rain often in California, but we did get some pretty heavy rainfall constantly the past two weeks off and on. Very rare, but thankful. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Well, it is pretty rare to get that much rain in one time. Which is why I love those pictures! :) I used to always laugh when I traveled Eastward (Arkansas, Missouri), saw how green it was, and heard everyone saying they were in a drought. Course, for them, if you don't have rain every week, it might be considered a drought. Down here, if you have GREEN grass, you are doing really well.... ;)

In Christ's Service,
Sarah