Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5: A Favorite Quote

Well, I am taking a quote from the BEST book ever.... The Bible!!!  I figure that if God said it, it counts as a quote, right??

Isaiah 41: 8-14   (sometimes when I am afraid, I like to take 'Jacob' or 'Isreal' and change it to my name)
   "But you, Israel, My servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, Descendant of Abraham My friend, You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth and called from its remotest parts and said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'  Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish. You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them, those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent.  For I am the Lord you God, who upholds your right hand, who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'  Do not fear, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel; I will help you," declares the Lord, "and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel."

This is such a great reminder to me that no matter what troubles I get in, or whatever temptations, trials, or suffering I go through, He is always there! He will uphold me and keep me steady, tearing away my enemies. Isn't that such a wonderful thought?

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

I thought I was the only one who did that; putting my name in the scripture when I read in place of the biblical names so it can have meaning to me. You and I must have alot in common! :)

At any rate, thank you for sharing a part of scripture that you rely upon to give you added strength. I thought that it was beautiful! I am curious though, what bible translation what that?

Take care Dear Maiden. :)

Blessings and Friendship,

-Lady Rose

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Lady Rose,

Oh, it is so comforting to add your own name! You know it is written to you, but it helps to add your name, doesn't it? I am glad to find someone else, too! My mom originally told me that she did, and when I used to get scared with many things (when I was younger, scared about silly things), I would put my name in.

I meant to put in the translation but it skipped my mind!! I think it was a Study Bible.. The NISB (New inductive Study Bible).

You take care, too!!

In Christ's Service,
love, Sarah