Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14: A Vacation I would like to take

This one is definitely EASY to answer... I really want to go see a dear friend of mine; Samantha!!!  She and I have been pen pals for about 2 years now (I think we are starting on our third year, right, Samantha?). We have never met.  So, how did we become pen pals?  Well, it all came about through a Christian Girl's newsletter called "amie" (aw-mee).  They had a 'get a pen pal' type thing.  I decided to go ahead and sign up, thinking it would be extremely fun to "meet" someone through letter writing.  I am SO glad that the Lord directed them to match Samantha and I up.  We have been writing ever since and I have thoroughly enjoying it. 
    However, she does live quite a long way away from me.... about 1,274 miles, to be exact.. lol!  So, I am saving up my money to go and hopefully visit her during the Fall of this year.  I think it will be very nice because 1) our family hasn't gone on any long road trips in an extremely long time and 2) I would REALLY like to meet her in person!  :-) 
    So, I can't really think of any other vacation I would rather take.   Illinois, here I come!! ;-)

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh how fun! I hope you get there one day!! =]

Anonymous said...

Awww, that's so sweet of you, Sarah! I hope you can come! =)

Joshua said...

Hey Sarah.,
My Mom used to live in Springfield, Illinois when she was a child. I would think Illinois is a great place to visit. Good choice. :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

May,
Thank you! I hope so, too. :)

Samantha,
You bet I am coming!!! :) I have been calculating costs and it isn't so bad! :) I will see you in the fall!

Joshua,
Oh, that is neat! Well, I have always wanted to see states further East, so hopefully it will work out. :)