Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 24: A movie no one would expect me to love

Inception.   Inception was a new sci-fi movie that just came out recently.  It was definitely a neat movie, though I did NOT like it when I first saw it.  I guess it just grew on me... "He knew you'd come back" (quote from movie) definitely describes me! I pondered over the movie and soon wanted to watch it again to try and figure it out.  I am really not much into sci-fi... that is, if it isn't too scary! 



The movie Inception was actually pretty good.  I can only think of a couple scenes where they cursed (surprise, surprise).  I am just going to go and edit it out of our copy, though, as the rest of the movie was amazing.  There were also a few scenes where a lady is wearing some clothes that aren't extremely modest... Still, not as bad as some out there!

So, no one would really expect me to like this movie, but I do! :-)

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow I'm really surprised you didn't like it at first! But, that's awesome you came around to liking it. ;) What do you make of the spinning top in the end?

Anonymous said...

I've heard of this movie, but never really knew what it was about. I wonder if I would like it...=)
The movie people probably wouldn't guess I would like would either be Lord of the Rings, or Valkyrie, which is a true story about Claus Von Stauffenberg, a German Colonel who tries to assassinate Hitler.
Doesn't sound like a good movie, but it is really good! I'm going to do a movie review on it sometime, hopefully soon. =)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

May,
Yeah, we saw it at the dollar theatre with some friends, and to be quite honest, I was ready to cry. I absolutely hated it! I guess I just don't like those types of movies so my being just revolts against them? Still, I am glad that I came to like it, too!! Oh my! An awful way to end it! lol! Actually, it was funny because our friends and we were discussing it and the dad said, "It was ABOUT to fall over.. you could see it starting to do it's little topple." yeah... lol!

Samantha,
I don't know.. depends on whether or not you like sci-fi! :) This one definitely makes your brain think! When we come up in the fall, I will bring it with me and maybe we can watch it. :) I am SO glad you like LOTR!! Those are the best. I haven't seen Valkyrie, but everyone else (except Caleb) have seen it... and liked it. :) It definitely sounds interesting! :)

Love in Christ,
Sarah

the Ink Slinger said...

After seeing Inception at the theatre with you and your family, all I could say was, "Wow. That's definitely one of the best sci-fi movies I've ever seen." It reminded me a bit of The Matrix (1999)...

Anyway, I'm glad you're starting to like it more! :)