Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15: A person I admire

There are many people throughout History I admire.  However, I don't know that I could pick any specific person...

So, the one person(s) I know I admire for sure, are my parents.

My Mom:
Mom and Josh on his 13th bday
My Mom is the best.  I couldn't be more grateful for the Mom God gave me.  She is so patient with my many struggles through life, helping me get through each one and pointing out Godly lessons in each one.  She has been my confidant and best friend since I can remember.

Mom with one of the kittens

 I always know I can come to her if I ever have a problem.  She is a Godly woman, a Titus 2 woman; a woman I very much admire and love and hope to be like someday.  She has done a very good job raising her children, pointing them to the Lord and letting Him work in their lives. 

Lovin' on the youngin's

She is so wonderful with little children. I admire how easily she can carry on a conversation with a 5 yr. old.  She is so talented in so many things and has worked so hard to pass those things to my sister and me.  I pray that I can be like her someday in my own home.
Mom giving the calves their shots


My Dad:
Daddy with his girls, taking them out on a date

My Daddy.  My knight in shining armor.  My protector from scary things.  The one who can hold me safely in his strong arms.  The one who loves me no matter what.  The best math teacher in the world.  He is my Daddy. 

Dad is the one who is very soft spoken and quiet.  When he talks, his words are so very helpful and wise.  He is funny and loves to tell jokes.  He teases me, talks with me, laughs with me, and teaches me.  I honestly don't know what I do without him.  God blessed me so much by giving him to me as my Daddy. 

My dad is one of the most honorable men I know. He has integrity, is honest, and works hard.  He is loving, caring, and gentle.  Dad's words of wisdom have helped me so much through life.  From his reading me stories when I was a little girl, to our midnight -or longer- talks about growing up, he has always been so wonderful. 

Dad Baptizing the boys- yup.. in an old stock tank!

I can always come to him with a problem.  I can ask him anything, knowing that he will ponder over it carefully, and always refer me back to the Bible and my Lord. 

Dad helping with the show heifers

Just the other night we stayed up until 1:30 am talking about life, growing up, relationships, and what a girl is supposed to do while waiting for her own prince charming.  I am so proud of how hard my Daddy works for his family.  How he is a strong leader, willing to listen to our questions and look for answers in the Bible. 

Branding calves

How he loves ranching, working with the cows and calves, and enjoys going over EPDs with us or other fellow ranchers.  He is my Daddy, and I am ever so grateful that God gave him to me.

I love you Dad and Mom!!!!!!!!
Mom and Dad, armed and ready for an onslaught of flies!

Your little girl forever,
Sarah

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh wow this is so sweet!! =] From your post, I can tell you have a great love and admiration for them! Believe me when I tell you how blessed you are to have a mom and dad like you have. :) I can't image my dad ever saying up with me to talk. That is so special!