Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: An Art Piece

I am not much into artwork, to be quite honest...  I have only been to one art museum- and that was several years ago.  Other than that, I haven't every studied art or anything.... I know, shame on me.. However, there is one artist who I really like.  Thomas Kinkade.  His pictures are always so beautiful and serene that just looking at one makes you wish you could jump right through the canvas and into the lovely scenery.
   Here are two that I found that I really liked:



I LOVE cottages.  They are so romantic, sweet, cozy and.... sweet!  I always wished I could live in something similar.  I don't want any grand fancy house when I get married.  Just something cozy and homey.  Something that my husband and I can just be happy together in.  This picture kind of reminds me of that.  I know I couldn't get something like this now a days, but it is still fun to look at it. :-)  I guess I have a bit of old fashioned-ness in me....  Actually, just looking at the picture I can see several different stories that might go along with it....
   What do you think??  What are some of your favorite art pieces?


In Christ's Service,
Sarah

3 comments:

Lulu said...

Sweet! :) I love those paintings.

Blessings,
~Lulu Maggie~

Jessica said...

Thomas Kinkade is a remarkable painter! =] Beautiful, beautiful!
Also, thank you so much for your sweet comment. :)

Mhuirnín said...

Thomas Kinkade is known as the "painter of light". His pictures always have such a beautiful golden light on them - it's like there's a hint of Heaven's light shining on the world. So beautiful.