Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26: A Childhood Memory

My favorite childhood memory was when I became a believer.   To be quite honest with all of you,  I really wanted to become one so I could take communion (I loved grape juice!).  However, I remember that on the day of my baptism, something seemed to strike me with gradual force.  It was like I somehow realized that this wasn't something that just anyone did so they could take communion.  This was serious and I needed to treat it with seriousness.  I remember crying, I was so happy that I had chosen this path.  It was just like a small child who was trusting in God with no-questions-asked faith. 
   Since then, I really have learned that it is a serious route.  One cannot simply back out when the pathway is rough and treacherous.  There is only one way- forward.  However, we have a Helper to grab hold of our hands when we slip.  He will take care of us and guide us, if we listen, down life's path way.  We will stumble, and maybe even fall, but He is always there to help us back up to our feet again.  Our wonderful Saviour is guiding us slowly and gently home like a wee lamb.  He is our Shepherd. Our Guide.  Our Fortress.  Our One and Only God.
  I am ever so happy that I made that decision so many years ago and have decided to try to live it faithfully.  I have my failings, but I have learnt to look at it from a more serious standpoint than grape juice. :-)

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilac Bud Gal,

Greetings my fair Maiden! :)

I have given you the Sunshine Award. To receive your reward, please visit the link to my blog at:

http://aqueeninhercastle.blogspot.com/2011/01/who-needs-some-sunshine.html.

Have a blessed day! :)

-Lady Rose

Joshua said...

That is the best childhood memory anyone could ever have. I came to Christ when I was 13. I have my testimony somewhere in the labels section of my blog. Maybe I should repost it. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Lady Rose,
Thanks for taggin me! I will pick it up soon. :)

Joshua,
No kidding. I read your testimony. Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing and you should DEFINITELY repost it. It was worth reading (and re-reading!) :)
Thanks for the comment!