Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 of the 30 day challenge

I am embarking, along with several other blogger friends, on a 30 day blog journey.  I must post something every day from the 30 day challenge list.  If you would like to join in, visit this link to check it out.

So, for day one,  I have to list my favorite song.  Well, this is extremely difficult because I have SO many, not to mention that they change from time to time.  However, the ones that stick out most (yes, sorry, but I can't do just one) are below.  Enjoy!

"Light up the Sky" by The Afters.  I just love this song because it reminds me that God is there all the time.  He shows His love by "lighting up the sky" with glorious sunsets, sunrises, bright moons, etc.  It is truly amazing and humbling.




This is a really cool fiddle song done by Mairead Nesbitt and some other girl.  I LOVE good fiddle songs, being a fiddle player myself, because they are inspiring.  It makes me want to practice more so I can get this good!




My other big time favorite song is "One Small Child" by David Meece, but sung by Anthony Delallo.  Delallo has an incredible voice.  Personally, I prefer male bass/tenor voices to that of a soprano or alto (yes, traitor to my own singing group! Sorry altos!). I have only known one guy who can sing really well.. until I found Anthony Delallo. Unfortunately I can't find a video to share and the only other thing is just the sample piece I found online (which I now cannot find..) any way....

Moving on to other things, I have to say that I was truly blessed today.  Some good friends of ours came by and dropped off two huge trash bags full of wool!! I am SO excited! I can use this stuff for needle felting, spinning, knitting and crocheting (after I spin it, of course)! All that for free! Sure beats buying it at the store, especially when you want to get the experience of spinning.. yes, some of you may think me extremely weird, but that is who I am. :-) Weird. lol!

Well, off to finish supper prep!  Hope some of you join in on this 30 day challenge! It should be lots of fun!

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

3 comments:

Joshua said...

I did the same thing. I could not choose one song, because I have so many favorites. I love "Light Up the Sky". I heard that song on the radio I believe a couple months back, and I was completely lost in it. Great song choices. ;)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Jessica said...

Hey Sarah,
Thanks for the link!! =] I LOVE that song! It's funny because I had to take an astronomy class and we had to look at constellations. Well, any time I hear that song I think back to astronomy!

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Joshua,
It was definitely hard to only do a few! Light up the sky is definitely my top right now.

May Amelia,
Thank you for commenting! I hear the song frequently on the radio, but never caught the name or who it was by. So, I was really excietd when I finally caught the name and artists! That is a neat way to remember astronomy.
I think studying astronomy would be neat. Definitely makes you humble when you gaze up a skyful of stars!!!