Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8: A Thank You letter to someone who has changed your Life

I pondered over today's post all day yesterday and today... but only One has CHANGED my life....

My Heavenly Father,
   I thank you for giving me a second chance.  For giving me salvation.  For picking me up out of the dust and seeing who I really am.  Thank you for letting me into your Kingdom as your special daughter, your Princess!  Thank you for your unfailing love and mercy.  The love letters that you have written to me make me feel so special, humbled, and loved!  Each word brings peace to my heart and calms my troubled spirit.
   I thank you, Lord, for giving me strength for each and every day. Strength to bear my trials, mercy to forgive others, and grace to forgive myself.
   God you are amazing!  Thank you for the gifts you give me every day.  It is all around me!! Birds, flowers, trees, the sky, a sunrise, a sunset.  All of these display your wonderful love for me!  Yet I know that this love is undeserved. Your dying on the Cross for me blows me away, Lord.  How can I fathom the depths of your love?  I am so unworthy of the precious gift of Salvation, Lord, yet You give it to me freely.  How can I ever thank You?  Take my life, Lord, take it a use it for Your glory.  Use me as a candle to burn Your light to others.  I am Yours, O Lord.
    When I am afraid, thank you for taking me into Your arms.  When I am suffering, thank you for carrying me.  But ultimately, thank you for bearing the cross so that I could be with You for ever and ever, even after this world ends.
    Your tender love and mercy to me is everlasting. I shall never be able to repay you, but take my heart and make it Yours.

The unworthy Sinner made into Your princess,
Sarah

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Wow, beautiful thank you letter to
God. I was very encouraged by it. :)

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Thank you, Joshua. I am glad you were encouraged by it! As believers, we need to encourage each other in Christ as much as possible...

In Christ's Service,
Sarah