Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quick update- Thanks for your Prayers!


I thought I'd better come do a quick update post.  So, Thursday evening was when I had a little bit of a sore throat.  For some reason (probably because this one was different from a normal sore throat) I knew I had Strep.  Friday it was worse.  Mom looked at it and had me popping vitamin C, D, A and whatever else. ;-)  Saturday it still wasn't better, so we went into the clinic.

Sure enough, I had strep. Argh.  If anyone didn't know, Strep is my absolute most hated sickness ever. I'd rather have the flu than strep.  At least with the flu you can eat, drink water, etc, without feeling like an elephant jumped down your throat every time you swallowed...

Any how, they gave me an antibiotic that I'll take for three days.  So, by Saturday evening I was feeling better. Part of my problem, too, was that the back of my neck was super stiff and sore.  That,  naturally, made it all the worse. Sleeping at night was pretty much out of the question. Though, that was partly my fault because I napped too much during the day. Although it felt good at the time (when I woke from the naps, I felt better), it sure didn't help me sleep any better at night!  So, basically it was like napping throughout the night...

Boy, did I party! 

I'd sleep for an hour or two, wake up, feeling very much awake and ready to go. This was very frustrating, to say the least.  I'd get up, read the news, then go back to bed when I felt tired.  On Saturday, I only took one nap, and as soon as I felt tired, I'd make myself do something so I wouldn't nap again.  So, yesterday I slept really well! (It helped, too, that the antibiotic had started to kick in, and I was taking stuff for my neck.)

This morning I woke up feeling MUCH better. Still a little sore throat-ed, but certainly nothing like before.  Haven't needed a nap, was able to eat pretty well... it was great except that my throat decided to go dry on me. Don't know how it happened because I have probably drunk gallons of water by now... Ok, maybe not gallons, but almost!  It was weird, actually. I'd take a drink of water, go do some stuff, and just a few minutes later need another sip! In 15 minutes I'd downed one glass of water already. Crazy, crazy.  Ok,sorry.. I just realized that you probably aren't interested in reading all that.  I'd erase it, but who knows? Maybe someone knows a solution to the dry-throat-all-the-time?

In any case, tomorrow is the last day for the antibiotics (I keep spelling it "anitbiotics"). So, I should be up and running.. well, maybe not running.. but... yeah.

So, thank you for your prayers! I really appreciated it!  :-)

In Christ's Service,


Ellie said...

Hey Sarah!! So glad to hear that you are doing better now!! Once you are all well...:) (make that quick!) we need to go out to lunch. Its high time we do that!! Anyways, gald you are on the mend!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend!
I don't have any remedies for the dry throat- maybe it is a side affect of the antibiotic??

Petra said...

Hey Sarah!

I'm sorry you were sick, we came down with a touch of something several weeks ago too. Anyway, glad to hear you're a little better.

Praying for you,

Lily Marie said...

Yay, so glad you're on the mend! =) I've had strep throat before, and it lasted like 3 weeks. :( It was not fun, but eventually I got over it. Hopefully you continue to recover quickly! ;)

Tangerine-Tane said...

So glad you're not sick anymore!! :) God is GOOD. I pray you won't get sick again!! ♥
Lots of love
Tane ♥