Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photography Contest Finalists and Winners!

Hello!

I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to get your wonderful photos judged.  It was mostly your fault, though!  All of the photos you all entered were just so beautiful! I had a VERY hard time choosing my winners. I don't know how many times I've come over to the computer and looked, and compared, and looked again, and left with still the same answer as before: I liked ALL of them!!! So, if ever I have the idea to do one of these again, I will encourage my dear sister to host it instead! haha!

She was, as a matter of fact, my judging partner.  Because I am no professional on photos, she helped point out which ones looked clearer, more focused, etc. So, a HUGE thank you to Becca for that help!

Now, I decided that I would post who made it to the Finals.  Below are all the entries that I had the hardest time deciding between.

For the Summer Memories category:




For the Autumn Glory category:





And for the My Favorite category:



Congratulations to Cassie, Marquette, Samantha, Maggie, and Hannah!  Your photos are absolutely beautiful.  I had an EXTREMELY hard time picking out the winners.  However, only one photo per category could win!

So, without further ado, I would like to present the winners of my Autumn Glory/Summer Memories Photography contest.

And the winners are..........................

Maggie from My Small Corner Photography for the Summer Memories Category! 

Maggie, the reason I picked your photo was because I felt that it depicted Summer the best.  A favorite summer treat is Ice Cream! Your photo is very clear and crisp. A very nice close-up shot!  Congratulations!  Please leave your email address in the comment box (I won't publish it) and I will contact you about your prize!!

Marquette from Marquette LaRee Photography for the Autumn Glory Category! 

I picked your photo, Marquette, because it literally made me sigh and dream of Autumn! Your photo is stunningly crisp and clear and just beautiful.  Congratulations, Kett!  Just leave your email address in the comment box and I will email you about your prize!

And last but not least, the winner for the My Favorite category.......

Samantha from Simple Delights

Your photo of the bridge was really beautiful.  It made me want to go visit it and it probably would have been my favorite thing, too!  Congratulations! I'll email you the details about your prize!

Congratulations to the winners!  And to the rest of you who participated: You took some beautiful photos!  Thank you SO much for entering this contest and helping me spread the word about my sister's blog.  I really appreciate it!

Thank you to all of the people who sponsored my giveaways during the contest.  It was truly appreciated!

A HUGE thank you to my wonderful sister, Rebecca!  Thank you for taking the time to help me judge the photos! You are such a blessing!

And last but not least, thank you to all of those who supported me in this effort! It was so appreciated. 

I hope that everyone enjoyed this as much as I did.  Once again, I am truly sorry for taking this long on getting the photos judged!  Thank you for your patience with me. :-)

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

6 comments:

Ella said...

Congrats to the winners!
Those photos are absoulty georgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone! Those photos were beautiful!! My favorite was Marquette's photo, which was absolutely stunning- I can see why you had a hard to picking!

Mary Ann said...

Wow, those pictures are simply beautiful. Contgrats to every photographer. I loved every single one of them.

Bethany said...

Congratulations everyone! All the photo's turned out great!

Sarah, I can really see why you had a hard time picking the winners :)

Blessings~
Bethany Joy

P.S. Did you get my comment that had my e-mail address in it?

Marquette said...

Those are all gorgeous, what fun photos. I've wanted to host a photography contest for a long time, but it just sounded intimidating, I'm impressed that you took it on, way to go!

Farm Girl Hannah said...

Congratulations to all the winners! I'm very honored to be in the finals even if I didn't win.

Hugs,
Hannah