Friday, December 2, 2011

So Sorry for the delay!

To all the wonderful people who entered my photography contest:  I am terribly sorry for the delay of posting the winners!  My sister and I have been working on judging them.  This has been an EXTREMELY difficult task because so many wonderful photos were entered! I'm having a hard time picking the winners. :-)  Any how, I will try to post them before Christmas.  Unfortunately our family's schedule has been a whirlwind of activities.  I haven't had much time for computers and whatnot.  (Thus, why I haven't posted in a while!)  And actually, if I am on the computer, I am working really hard on my book so that I can get it finished before the end of this year.  Yes, big goal, but I am determined. :-)  This, however, means that I need to be writing about 20-35 pages a day.  If you are a writer yourself, you know that this is pretty difficult on some days when you are out of ideas.

Ok, sorry, that was a sidetrack.  In any case, I am working on judging and will get those up as soon as I am able!   Then, I've got some picture posts coming up (yeah!) of our drama performances, and a fun time with a special friend. ;-)  And MAYBE I'll be able to put in a few fun Christmas posts as well... oh, and do the second part of the "Romantic movies" post... hehehe... yikes.  Looks like I've got lots on my plate.  Well, at least I've got a chance to sit down and write this up.  I am currently not in my home, but spending the weekend with some friends.  Don't worry, I'm not being rude because the daughter is out with my sister for the moment, the mother's are visiting, and the guys are working.. so yeah. ;-)  I feel rather distant from my blogging friends, though!  Thank you for your sporadic comments.  They really made my day! It's fun to get comments even on posts that are pretty old... =D

Alright, I guess that is about it for my ramblings.  Oh yeah, has any one gotten any snow??  Supposedly we are going to get about 6 inches. And where are we?  away from home, of course! Argh! I hate missing the first snow.  Oh well!

Any one got their Christmas decorations up yet?  We would have had ours done by now on our 'normal' schedules, but haven't had time yet!  I'm looking forward to getting everything out and making the house look festive.  We live so far away from civilization that we don't put any lights around the outside of the house.  Ok, ok, so we're 7 miles away from the nearest town.  So, Dad doesn't think we should put any lights up.  Quite personally I don't care either way.  I like the outside ones, but don't go outside at night enough to really enjoy them (on our house). At least the inside is pretty!

Ok, so I have one more question for you.  Do you put a Star or an Angel on the top of your tree (if you have a tree)?

Alright. I'm signing off now, for real. ;-)  Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from you.

Have a blessed weekend full of joy, family, and the Love of Christ's in your hearts.
In Christ's service,
Sarah

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd actually forgotten about the photography contest! I'm looking forward to seeing the winners. =)

I can't wait to read your upcoming posts- especially the ones with pictures. =)

I haven't gotten around to any decorating inside yet, though I did get a few lights up outside. We live in a little "cluster" of houses, so we get to all enjoy each others lights. =)
I'm hoping to get the inside decorations up this weekend.

Have a lovely rest of the day!

~Samantha

P.S. You should write a post about your book once it is done! I'd love to hear about it.

Carolyn said...

I have a star for my tree. I found a really pretty one at Wal Mart that I was going to use until I could crochet an angel that I really liked. But I've decided that the star is too pretty to replace any time soon.

So... you gonna post any excerpts from your book? You gonna publish your book? (I feel like I should know the answer to the second question, but it is slipping my mind...)

Marquette said...

We have snow! 9 inches!

Joshua said...

You go Sarah. There is always something to strive for. Keep at it with the book writing. By the way, how has that been going?

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Samantha,
Haha! That's funny. I think it slipped from my mind, too! Yup I'll get those pictures up soon.
I'd love to live closer to houses... And then I just love living out in the country. :) after seeing all the pretty decorations at our friends house, I think that we will decorate soon after we get home.

Carolyn,
That's what we have, too. Ours is lit, so that adds to its beauty. :)
I might do that... Just to drive my readers crazy... (evil laugh). Just kidding.

Kett,
Whoa! In a town near us they got three inches... Don't know how much snow we got at the ranch....

Joshua,
Glad to see you around. Yup. I find I do a whole lot better when I've got something to do that keeps me busy.. And gives me something to strive for like you said. The book is coming along....ok. Let's just say that I can't reveal a whole lot in public just yet. Nothing bad... Just can't say lots. :) thanks for asking, though!

Ella said...

I awarded you a stylish blogger award.