Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm sorry for the temporary shut down!

If any of you tried to open up my blog yesterday afternoon, you may have gotten the page that said 'permission denied'.  I am extremely sorry for it.  I needed to shut my blog down temporarily while I made a few changes.

Apparently there is a hijacker roaming blogger world and is making a mess of things.  I have heard of some absolutely dreadful and ridiculous things that this person has done to other bloggers.  So, I quickly shut down my blog until I had time to remove all personal pictures and whatnot.

Sorry for the inconvenience.  It is really sad when these things happen.  To me, it seems rather immature for someone to go around and steal other bloggers profiles, pictures, etc, and even more immature to go and do something with them that is totally inappropriate.


In Christ's Service,
Sarah

**Edit note:  I decided not to close down my blog after all...... 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arggh- how fustrating!
After I read about this on your blog and Rebecca's, I decided that I am just going to have my blog as invitation only for awhile.
While this is not something that any of us want to deal with right now, I am going to take it as a "sign" from God that I need to spend less time on blogger (the internet in general, too).
It internet be such a blessing, but also an source of fustration and worry (as in this case).

So while I am going to use this break to the fullest, I also hope that whoever is going this will soon stop, because their actions are probably hurting a lot of people.

Petra said...

Ooooh...no fun. There are some wacky folks out there. I'm glad nothing bad happened to your blog. You know my email already, so pleeeeeease send me an invite!

Love you lots! :)

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Samantha,
Yeah, it is very frustrating. I closed down mine only until I got my foremost seen photos off. Just in case. However, as my Mom mentioned, we can't live in fear. I am thinking that I probably won't close down my blog again... we will just see where this goes. Hopefully this hijacker has had what fun he wanted and will stop.
However, I also understand what you are saying about the internet. It really can become addictive! Amazing, isn't it? I never would have thought it could happen like that...

Petra,
Yes, I will definitely send you an invite if I shut it down again. :) for now, I am just trusting in God that He will keep me safe from any harm. :) Love ya!