Monday, September 26, 2011

Interview with Miss Samantha

Samantha, over at Simple Delights, is here for our very first interview.  Miss Samantha has been a wonderful friend of mine for a couple of years now and I really hope you'll enjoy reading her interview and checking out her Etsy shop and blog! (links below)

Tell us a little bit about yourself: 

I am a recent homeschool graduate, stay-at-home-daughter and Christian.
I enjoy cooking and baking, being outdoors, playing the piano and spending time with friends.
I would also like to learn how to sew in the near future, as I have a great weakness for beautiful historical costumes! I would love
to participate in a historical reeanactment someday.
I enjoy all things Jane Austen and would love to visit England someday.
 
When did you first begin working with polymer clay?
 
I began playing around with polymer clay around the age of 10 or 11. I made
a lot of dollhouse food and tea sets when I first started!
 
What is your favorite thing to make in your shop and why? 
 
I really enjoy making the assorted charms, because I can be really
creative with the colors. They are some of my best-sellers.
   
How long have you been on Etsy?
 
 
I opened my shop in August of 2009 along with my older sister. I sold my polymer clay creations and my sister sold fabric headbands. My sister is not selling anymore, but I have continued to keep up the shop and love it!
  
What inspired you to start you Etsy shop?
 
 
Okay, I wouldn't be honest if I said it wasn't to make some money. ;)
That was probably the real reason I started. I was in my later teens and was wanting to be able to make some money to
buy clothes, piano music, etc. And while it has ended up being a pretty good money making venture for me, I have also enjoyed
getting to work with other crafters and handmade artists. I love being able to create a custom item for someone and then have them
contact me and tell me how much they love the item. It feels so good to be able to create items that make people smile.
 
Do you have any suggestions for fellow Etsians? 
 
Love what you do! If you don't really enjoy it, it will end up being a drudgery to you. And if it isn't fun for you that will show in your shop.
I recently wrote a several part series on opening an Etsy shop on my blog:
It talks about some of the really important things that you should do before opening your shop.

Anything else you would like to share?
 
You can read about my interests here on my blog:
I also post movie reviews, recipes and giveaways.
 
Thank you, Samantha!!!   Be sure to go and check out her Etsy shop.  Samantha has been very kind and has contributing something to my giveaway!  So, be sure to come and check out tomorrow... you won't want to miss out!

No comments: