Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's the Most Busiest Time of the Year

November flew by and I find December is picking up speed as we go further into the month. Tis the season to be jolly and deck the halls and wishing you a merry Christmas, etc, etc, etc.

I enjoy the Christmas season. It is really wonderful. The snow, the decorations, the yummy cocoa drinks and snuggles by the fire. It is all very wonderful. What I don't like, however, is the busy hub-bub that the season seems to bring. Already I'm beginning to panic because I don't have gifts for my family yet (I don't even know WHAT I'm going to get them). Which is unusual, because I've normally got a good headstart on gifts come October. ;-) Course, I'm usually doing homemade gifts, too, so I tend to plan ahead because I know I'll need more time. This year, however, I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed. That's ok, though. As one character from Charles Dicken's book, "Martin Chuzzlewit", says, "It's a good test on a man to see if he can be jolly with a cold and dreary job. There's no credit to be had for being jolly in a nice place like the Blue Dragon. Perhaps I'll take up a grave digger's work. That should be cold and dreary as a job. Then I can see just how jolly I can be,"

Yup. Like Mark Tappley says, it's easy to be jolly in a nice place. It's harder still to be jolly when there's lots of work or hardship going on.

So, with that being said, I'm going to work on making sure I don't become a Scrooge and let the busyness of the Christmas season make me forget the real reason we are celebrating. There's a reason why we sing "Joy to the World."

Alright, I'm done preaching to myself. As an update post, here's what I've been... well, 'up to'. :-)

First off, I finished out November with reaching 50, 000 words for the NaNoWriMo contest. Many of you have heard of this, and I honestly don't remember if I posted about it on here or not. Basically it's a national contest to see if you can write 50, 000 words in one month in your novel. It was quite a fun experience- but I'm glad I'm done with it. ;-)

December has started off quite well. It is currently snowing, which is good, since it IS December. The cows look rather funny with their 'snow capes', as I like to call them. Poor things. Good thing for tough skin and thick fur, eh?

Other things to note would be a new sewing project. Can't wait what it is, yet, but I'm hoping to share a few sneak-peak pictures later on.

Movie production has come to a slight halt with the busy season, but I think we're hoping to start back up again in January. Getting some December filming would be great, but we'll see how that goes. I try not to pack the month TOO much... else it isn't enjoyable.

Not much else to report on the home front, except I'm thinking this blog needs a bit of snow, too. Hmm... new background time?? ;-)

What's been keeping you busy this month? I'd love to hear!!

No comments: