Ok, so the rules:
1. Post the Rules
2. Post a picture of yourself and 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the questions in the original post (the ones given you by the tagger)
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag
5. Go and tell them that you've tagged them
11 things about me:
(Sorry that is such a bad picture.. it was the only one I had...)
1. I always eat my apple slices from the bottom up. Never the other way around. ;-)
2. I love music. I love to listen to it, play it, sing it.
3. Hanging out with friends is one of the things I love to do. Let's party, people! ;-)
4. I have never broken a single bone. Well, we kind of wonder if I broke my toe when I was little, but we're not sure.
5. I LOVE creamed cabbage. It's. The. Best! 'Nuff said.
6. Finding things that I remember from my early childhood makes me smile.
7. I have been to 5 different states.
8. Whenever I go shopping for myself, I always have to get something for the members of my family... don't know why, but I just can't go home without bringing them all a lil' something.
9. I always wanted to learn how to play the harp.
10. Even though I'm the 'queen of random' (some folks would call me that!), I'm having a hard time coming up with things to put on this list! haha!
11. I've always liked to climb trees. Even now I sometimes get the urge to 'go climb a tree'.
Alright! I finished the list! ;-) Now I get to answer the questions that Carolyn has made up for me to answer.
11 Questions to Answer:
1. How is your dream kitchen decorated? Ooh.. I don't know for sure. Probably slightly vintage...but with modern appliances. I like really pretty wood cabinets, and wood floors.. Then maybe a pretty granite coutertop. I'd probably paint it a nice yellow, or some other cheery color. I'd want it to be an inviting place, lots of counter space. :-) And I might go with a theme.. like roosters, or something like that. :-)
2. If you had to be born in a different decade/time, when would you be born and why? Hmm... Let's see. I always thought it would be fun to be born in the Regency era, attend balls, and wear fun dresses... and Gentlemen were just that. Gentlemen! But then, I'd be a maid (realistically), or someone in a lower station. And, I wouldn't be alive... or I'd have brain damage, which, back then, would be like not being alive. So, I really like how advanced we are in medicine today! Another era would be medieval, but only the kind that is what we paint it out to be. It really wasn't glamorous, not like the books make it sound... haha!
3. What is your most cherished possession? Probably my notebooks. I've got everything in there from letter drafts, to book ideas, to my random little thoughts about life. I rarely go anywhere without them!
4. If you could go back in time and meet one famous person, who would you meet and why? Ooh, another hard question. Let's see. To be able to live when Jesus was here would be pretty neat. But, I'm afraid I might have been one of the unbelievers... I always thought it would be cool to meet Roy Rogers, or Carey Grant. I'm not totally up to par on famous people... ;-)
5. Least favorite household chore? Cleaning out the fridge. It's not bad when we've kept up with it on a regular basis, but if, for some reason, it gets left for a long period of time, then it's miserable.
6. Favorite Vacation you have been on: When, where, and why was it your favorite? Well, our family hasn't ever gone on huge vacations. I don't mind that at all. :-) I like to stay home. In any case, I do remember the one when we went down to Corpus Christi, TX. That was fun because we stayed in a little house that was just a few feet away from the sea. We walked down there every day. Then, we went to a drive through animal park, where you can feed the different animals these cake cubes (just like we feed our cows). The Zebras were the best, I think. :-) They'd stick their head right in the window and pop open their mouth and just wait for you to put a cube in. It was fun. And that is also when we went to Six Flags. That was fun, even though I'm not keen for the big roller coaster rides. I rode the kiddie one with Caleb over and over again. ;-)
7. How do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup? Um... I unwrap it, pop it in my mouth (or sometimes I'll take several bites out of it), then I fold up the paper cup, smooth out the foil part and fold that up as well. :-)
8. Favorite band/singer when you were 16 years old? I think that would be Steven Curtis Chapman. I've loved him since I was little, little.
9. If you were given $500,000 how would you spend it? Hmm.. I'd probably buy a new ranch truck for dad, pay off all the bills, then buy myself a truck, and then go visit out of state friends with the family, and put the rest into savings.
10. Weirdest name for a pet you/your family has ever had? Guess. No, I'm not telling you to guess. That was a cats name. It was fun to get our friends with that one! So, that name or else a cat that I named "Pookie". Don't ask why. ;-)
11. What are 5 things you like about yourself? That I can typically make people laugh. That my quick wit is finally developing......... Um, can't think of much else. ;-)
If you don't want to participate, that is perfectly fine. :-)
Ok, my 11 questions for those that I've tagged (even if I didn't tag you, feel free to do it any how!)
1. What is the story behind your name (if there is one.. you know, like you were named after a distant relative, or whatever)
2. What is your favorite food to fix or eat?
3. What is your favorite family activity?
4. A favorite pastime?
5. Your favorite book and why?
6. Your least favorite thing to do?
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. What is a song that has lots of meaning to you?
9. Your favorite Bible verse and why?
10. What is a place you'd most love to go to?
11. What sorts of posts do you most enjoying reading on blogs you follow?
Happy blogging, friends!
In Christ's Service,
P.S. We rounded up cows today and had to sort them... it doesn't sound too bad, but throw in 50mph winds, and fine sandy dirt blowing so that you can barely see (not to mention that its getting in your eyes). Not so fun any more. ;-)